Cigarettes and Mountain Dew

"You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one." John Lennon

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Procrastination

Procrastination, procrastina-a-a-tion it's makin' me late....keepin' me wai-ai-ai-ai-aiting... No, that was Anticipation, wasn't it? Procrastination is something that I supposedly have control over, right? So what exactly is it that I'm putting off? How about everything? It's just kinda one of those days I guess. It's 2:02 p.m., and I just realize that I haven't even taken my morning meds yet. Hold on.....Woo-hoo, score one for Missa! I just accomplished something!!!! And, to my credit, I am dressed. And not in the same thing I slept in. So what all should I be doing, in this totally non-interesting life that I admitted to in my first post?
Well, there's always housework--right now quite a bit of it, as I had the stomach flu last week, for like 7 days, and did absolutely nothing. So the house is pretty gross. I need to type up the minutes to the Peaceworks Steering Committee meeting that I attended on Monday. I didn't volunteer to take notes, because I'm really crappy at things like that. But the gal who did, left before the meeting ended, handing me her pathetic excuse for notes, for me to finish.
I also need to write a new article for the Peaceworks Monitor--the newspaper that the peace organization I'm involved with puts out. The issue is dedicated to nuclear power---an issue very close to me, like 12 miles away. This is where the only nuclear power plant in the state of MO is, 12 miles away from my home. And, the power company is "seriously considering" building another plant at the same location. I am responsible for writing a piece called Nuclear Power 101: How it Works. Well, I wrote that article, or so I thought. But actually what is wanted is a piece about how a nuclear power plant works. The article space was way too short to have actually gotten to that. Apparently not many people want to read about nuclear physics--fission, etc. Oh well. What else should I be doing today?
Oh, yes, practicing. Yet another obligation that I volunteered for. The same organization is having a Hiroshima Day memorial get-together, and I volunteered myself and husband Lee to play music there. (but only after it was obvious that they were getting really, really desperate) Not that we aren't good, it's just that I feel the need to learn some new material for this event. We mostly play bluegrass. It's fun, but I want to do some political, anti-war type music too. Until now, the only anti-war music in our repertoire is from the Civil War.
Anyway, I can always use practice, especially my singing......or whatever you want to call it. I think we can come up with a really kickin' version of Black Sabbath's War Pigs. I can totally hear Lee's banjo just whalin' on that bitch. Of course, that means I would have to sing it. Sigh. Not that I don't like to sing, I love to sing....it's just that not a lot of people can deal with hearing me do so. Practice, practice, practice.....
Generals gathered in their masses.......just like witches at black masses.......

2 Comments:

At 7/26/2006 9:58 PM, Blogger Gator said...

I totally want to hear banjo war pigs!

 
At 7/26/2006 10:22 PM, Blogger Sus said...

So do I!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home