Cigarettes and Mountain Dew

"You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one." John Lennon

Friday, August 18, 2006

Neglected

Oh, how I've neglected this blog. I am so apologetic to the entire 2 or 3 people who may read this at times. But those of you know that my other blog, and the whole not eating thing, has taken over my spare time. Okay, of course NOT eating requires absolutely NO time, but I guess I mean other things involved with that......Whatever.
Scuzzy is now gone, off to Milwaukee, although on the phone, she sounds as close as ever. I was there on moving day, but did damn little to actually help. I did have the excuses of 1) I have M.S., and am short on strength, stamina, and the heat kills me, and 2) That was my 7th day of fasting, and going without food kind of gives you those same issues as the M.S. I did do a little though. And I looked pretty cute!

Ooooops! Shit, sorry babe. You did ask me not to post this picture, didn't you? Oh well, I don't remember agreeing to this. Besides, it's not like I somehow put it on your blog, right?
The best news of the week? Here it comes........one of Husband Lee's violins sold! Woo-hoo! For those who don't know, my husband makes violins. Unfortunately, he came into this very late in life, relatively speaking. This is the second one he has sold, it was in a music shop in K.C. The way cool thing is that it is the violin that he considered to be the crappiest (not his word). But it was the second one he made, and he wanted to see how fast he could make one, so it was a little short on his normal perfectionism. He also just finished a guitar that he rebuilt for a friend, and we got money for that this week. So, we now have more than $40 in our checking account. Life is good. The sad thing is, when something like this happens, we normally celebrate by going out for a nice dinner. But, wouldn't you figure, the whole hunger strike thing. This is day 12, and I'm doing good. We'll just have to be sure to set some money aside to celebrate in a month. Although, with the guitar money, we did buy one really cool thing. We just happened to stop by a flea-market type store on the edge of town that we'd never been to before, and they just happened to have the perfect rolling cart/cabinet thingy. We got home with the measurements, saw it would be a perfect fit, and returned immediately to buy it. When Lee sets his mind on something that he wants, there's nothing to stop him. Not even trying to figure out how in the hell to get this home in our Miata. On our Miata, actually, as it would be. But hey, there's nothing you can't do with a protective rug and a couple of bungee cords! (top down, of course)
Well, that's all the excitement for now. Or at least all that I'm going to write about. I wouldn't want anyone's mind to be too blown by reading too much excitement at one sitting!

2 Comments:

At 8/20/2006 3:11 PM, Blogger Sus said...

Actually, I was thrilled that you packed that poster box -- I'd obviously been avoiding it for days. And damn you, girlfriend, for posting that effing photo from hell. But you're right, you do look pretty cute.

 
At 8/21/2006 2:52 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Oh, quit your damn whining, we both look like sweaty, tired, dirty slobs! I'm just glad that the only poster frame that broke wasn't in the box I packed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home