Cigarettes and Mountain Dew

"You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one." John Lennon

Friday, January 05, 2007

You Can Let Out Your Breath Now


Well, I'm sorry that I left ya'all hanging for so long in regards to Bud. Things have gone wonderfully, overall. And yes, he has definitely found his new home right here with us. Who was I kidding, with those eyes???? Like I could even consider giving him away???? He's adjusting pretty well. Still quite a bit of pup in him, of course. He was so pathetically sick when we got him, every day as his health has improved, he's gotten a little more energy--a little more ornery. He would very much like to be friends with Kitty Explorer '98, but alas....they have very different ideas of what should be involved in a friendship. Explorer, um, tolerates Bud. But not very happily.

"Avoidance"

We had company this week. My dear old friend Curt, along with his wife, Pam, and their children Paulo and Zoraya visited briefly on Tuesday. It was a great visit, but was far, far too short. It was great fun to see my friend in the role of "father" for the first time. Like everything else in his life, it seems to come naturally, and he is very good at it.
Although I loved having them here, it did help make one thing very clear in my mind. They had been gone less than 5 minutes when I looked at Lee and said, "Wow, we're too old to have kids, aren't we?" He thought a minute and replied, "Well, we're pretty set in our ways. They'd have to be just like us very quickly." Not too likely. I guess that parenthood has perhaps become a fun place to visit, but not someplace I'd want to live. This was a very important understanding to have reached at this point in my life. I've wanted children for the past 13 years, as long as Lee and I have been together. But, we've been unable to have any. Now, I realize that it is probably something that was never truly meant to be. (watch, I'll get pregnant within the month!) Precious Zoraya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home